The following organizations can help one’s spiritual life:
WORDS TO LIVE BY
TEN COMMANDMENTS (Catechism of the Catholic Church)
(1) I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me.
(2) You shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
(3) Keep holy the Sabbath.
(4) Honor your father and mother.
(5) You shall not kill.
6) You shall not commit adultery.
(7) You shall not steal.
(8) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
(9) You shall not covet your neighbor’s spouse.
(10) You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
THE LORD’S PRAYER: OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN
(U.S. Book of Common Prayer, 1928 edition.)
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever.]
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA OATH, LAW, MOTTO AND SLOGAN
(Boy Scout Handbook)
SCOUT OATH: On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
SCOUT LAW: A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
SCOUT MOTTO: Be Prepared
SCOUT SLOGAN: Do a Good Turn Daily.